Pinewood - The American International School of Thessaloniki Greece
Pinewood School was founded by the Pinewood School Association as an American elementary/middle school for Kindergarten through Grade 8 in 1950. For its first three years, the school operated on the campus of Anatolia College before moving to the American Farm School in 1953. In 1962, an upper school for Grades 9-12, named Thessaloniki International High School, was founded, and over the next two years a new building large enough for all grade levels K-12 was constructed on the Anatolia campus.
In 1973, Pinewood was granted permission by the Greek government to accept students from any and all countries outside of Greece. In the fall of 1996, a Pre-Kindergarten program for three and four-year-olds was added and the school is now allowed by the Greek government to enroll Greek students in Grades Pre- K, K and 7-12.