A host of top reputed and quality boarding schools dot the country of India. India is known since history for its cosmopolitan culture which is very well reflected in its educational institutes and schools.
You may not want your child to go to a residential facility, but you may be looking for the best for them. The choice of the right residential school is vital. JustInternationalSchools believes this because one chooses the wrong school and you may waste your money and not give your children the chance to turn their life around. The initial years of children’s schooling are very critical, therefore it is imperative that we choose the right school for our children so that we could tap their full potential and enhance their personality. Just because a residential facility boasts that it provides loads of facilities, should not be a controlling factor your decision.
As sad as it may be, there are some schools which do not deliver what they promise. That’s why you have to be especially vigilant and make informed decisions. A residential school is one where students live in with fellow students and stay in the hostels while pursuing their studies. Some schools offer residence as an option for outstation students while in some others, availing the residence facilities of the school is compulsory. Residential schools in India essentially provide food and lodging for a specific fee. Students share rooms or dormitories and remain under the guidance of house master or house mistress or matron.
If you are looking for best residential schools in India, one needs to check for parameters like overall performance in academics and extra curricular activities like sports and so on. Students of residential schools have been judged on the basis of the performance at the national and international level.
The two basic steps to take the right bat off are check if the school of choice is accredited and if the facility is being registered.
State authorities require such institutions to be registered. If the school is not registered it may be operating outside the law of the country. There are also some non-profit groups which take it upon themselves to evaluate and monitor facilities to help kids and this is infact charged. Such residential schools in India will have a rating probably on the web site of the non-profit group.
Make sure you have inquired about aspects like the experience of the staff, is the staff trained and past history of the schools reputation. Matters like what academic studies do children undertake when in residence? Do the subjects and standards match in with what they have been studying? The child must maintain their academic progress and even improve their grades and hence this needs to be carefully scrutinized.
Other important considerations are medical care during the residential period. Points that need to be clarified are whether there is enough medical staff available on site? If your child has a medical condition you would want to be assured that the residential facility can handle any emergency; similarly with discipline. What is the policy on discipline and how is it handled?
A proper policy for acceptance of students needs to be in place. Be wary of any institution which takes anyone and everyone. Surely, you want the highest standards for your child. This also reflects on areas like how many of the residents go home with a changed attitude after they leave school? Connect with parents of kids who have been through the school system of India and you would definitely know more. Last but not the least if one can afford the programme.
Some of the discipline areas strictly observed and maintained in Residential schools in India:
- Silence and discipline are the top priorities, should be maintained in the dormitory, dining room, study room and bath place at the best top residential schools in India
- Parents as well as others are not entertained in the dormitory of the children
- During weekdays and school hours parents are strictly prohibited from visiting children’s wards. Parents are allowed to visit children’s wards only on 2nd and 4th Sundays
- Parents are allowed to visit their children in the meeting parlor only. Dormitories and Corridors must not be used for this
- Written permission from parents if guardians are to take the children anywhere from the hostel
- Good residential boarding schools in India don’t entertain any enquires over the phone during school working hours
- No leaves would be granted to students without prior sanctioning from the authorities, as under the policy of best boarding schools in India
- Such schools do not allow students to carry any valuable things, money, magazine, walkman and eatables with them
- Advise to students to label all the items brought by them with their register number
- A duplicate key of the lock brought by the student should be deposited with the warden
- Students could visit their parents after each terminal examination. A fine is generally charged now a days which is about Rs. 50/- if the student fails to show up on the specified date
- Parents are expected to lodge their valuable suggestions and complaints only to hostel warden / principal
- At our best residential schools in India, Students should follow the mess timings and table manners strictly